The club is putting together a ride to the rally this year, along with several rides once down there. In addition to the bikes, we will have a car (or 2?) traveling down as well. As of now, here is the schedule;
* June 8th : Meeting at Peter S.'s house for those attending the ride to coordinate all that needs coordinating, and maybe even some stuff that doesn't
* June 19th Depart EARLY - Destination Sweetwater Tennessee
* June 20th: Continue on the the rally, this ride will be much shorter, though we will be including much better roads with "twisties", so the ride will be more spirited.
* June 21st : ride scheduled
* June 22nd : ride scheduled
* June 23rd : Depart for home
* June 24th : Arrive in Chicago-ish
Attending the rides of course is not mandatory, there is certainly plenty to do down there. We will establish a meeting point and time once there and those who show up can ride along.
Consider volunteering at the event; it's a great way to help out along with meet new people... and be sure to be wearing your club colors when you do!
A Garmin route is attached to this thread for download. You may open it using Base Camp (free) and then upload it to to your Garmin.
Riding Styles: As everyone has different riding styles, we don't want anyone to feel aggrivated or pushed, so we will implement a "buddy system".
- Find a rider that most closely shares your riding speed and style.
- One of you MUST have a GPS with the route loaded
- This is your wing man.. you are responsible for each other
This way if some of the group breaks off (forward or backwards), the rest of the group is not worried about them catching up as they are with a buddy and they have the route.
Please be sure to check back with this thread, or better yet add it to your watched items so that you will be notified when new updates are posted.
This ride is NOT limited to club members only, so please consider joining us!