Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the club forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this club.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello everyone

Hello everyone 3 weeks 3 days ago #520

• Kevin Helmick
  • Kevin Helmick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello guys and gals, I'm new to the club but have been a rider since I was kid. I live in Lake Villa IL and own a 2000 F650 Funduro that I recently purchased, so I'm just getting familiar with the mechanics of this bike. My first BMW motorcycle.
Currently I'm having a start up issue. Runs fine on a cold start for like 30 seconds, but after that any attempt to throttle will act like it's either flooding or starving for fuel, sputter and miss. After about 15 20 minutes of idol it will right itself, but that's an annoying amount time with a kill switch kickstand. I recently replaced the coolant, and I remember the issue before a little but not as bad. Couldn't find a place to bleed. Maybe that has something to do with it. I've taken the steps I've seen in a couple of youtube videos but it hasn't fixed it. Any advice on what it could be?
I look forward to hearing from you and meeting some of you out riding. I'm also looking for places to ride off road if you know any, which is my preferred riding.
Thanks
Kevin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello everyone 3 weeks 19 hours ago #521

• Douglas Rost
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 14
Welcome Kevin!
Kind of hard to say about your bike given the info...
What's the service history? Mileage? What's been done and not done, replaced vs. original? Ever have the injectors cleaned?

Ride safe and avoid anyone on the phone!

Regards,
Doug

2000 R1100RT (aka: Bullfrog)
1976 R90/6 Cafe (aka: Tadpole)SOLD

Hello everyone 2 weeks 6 days ago #522

• Kevin Helmick
  • Kevin Helmick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Doug. I replied to this the other day but I'm not seeing it here. Anyway Kirk in Crystal Lake is going to put a code reader on it. I bought it used a few months ago so I don't really have any service history other than "well maintained" you know how that goes. So I'm slowly changing fluids, plugs, brakes etc as I go.
But thanks for the message
Kevin

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds